Table of Contents
- 1 How do you retrieve photos from iCloud?
- 2 How do I get my old photos from iCloud to my iPhone?
- 3 The erase files method to retrieve photos from old iPhone
- 4 Can you retrieve photos from a lost iPhone?
- 5 How to transfer photos from an old iPhone to a new iPhone?
- 6 AirDrop App method to to transfer photos to another iPhone
- 7 Is there an iPhone recovery app?
There are many iPhone users nowadays because Apple devices produce high-resolution images with unique features and effects. We are used to storing our precious photos on this phone since it is very convenient. These photos can be easily accessed anytime we want to look at them. It can contain not just the memories we build but our top secrets too. So let’s solve the puzzling question of how to retrieve photos from iCloud.
If your iPhone is listed below, then we can help recover your lost photos!
iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Sometimes life happens. Things can get in the way of using your phone correctly, including losing the phone or upgrading to a newer iPhone without backing up to iCloud. If this happens, are there still effective resolutions to retrieve those photos from an old iPhone? The answer is yes. There are easy steps to recover your pictures if your device is lost or stolen, or if you accidentally deleted photos.
How do you retrieve photos from iCloud?
An iCloud sync happens regularly for most Apple devices. If you think your iPhone was synced to iCloud storage before it was lost or want photos on your new device, follow these steps to retrieve your photos.
- Login to www.icloud.com.
- Navigate through the left-hand side, and you will see the “Recover from iCloud Backup File” menu.
- Select it. You will be prompted to enter your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- After you have signed in, you’ll see a list of iCloud backups for your lost iPhone, from the most recent sync to the oldest. Select the one that you want to download, and click the “Download” button.
- A window will automatically appear with the list of file types. Since you need to recover your photos, make sure to check the options “Photo Library,” “Camera Roll,” and “App Photos.”
- Click the “Next” button.
- Once the download is finished, you will see a list of files. Each of them is categorized, so it will be easy for you to find the photos you want to bring back.
- Select the photos that you want to retrieve by ticking the check-boxes beside them.
- Once you selected all of them, click the “Recover” button.
- A pop-up will appear, asking you to specify the folder or destination path where you want to store the photos. Then, click the “Recover” button and wait until the process is complete.
How do I get my old photos from iCloud to my iPhone?
When switching or upgrading to another version of the iPhone, follow these steps. You can get your old photos and transfer them to your new phone.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap your name and select iCloud from the menu.
- Select Photos and toggle the button to turn the iCloud Library on.
- As you set up your new iPhone and follow the on-screen steps, select “Restore from iCloud Backup” when you reach the App and Data screen.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.
- After you successfully sign in, select the latest iPhone backup. It will enable you to download the photos to your iPhone. Doing this will restore files and get back your lost or deleted iPhone photos from your old phone.
The erase files method to retrieve photos from old iPhone
Another option is to restore the photos from iCloud backup to iPhone by erasing the new iPhone or Apple device files. These methods are best when you have already set up your new iPhone after purchasing it. Erasing the files will enable you to go back to the first steps when you set up your iPhone.
- Go to settings of your new iPhone.
- Select General from the options provided.
- Choose “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase All Contents and Settings.”
- Your iPhone will automatically restart. It will prompt you to follow the steps to set up the iPhone.
- Select “Restore from iCloud Backup.” Wait until all the photos are downloaded from the iCloud backup to your iPhone.
Can you retrieve photos from a lost iPhone?
Many users have experienced losing their iPhone either by accident (such as leaving it in the back of a taxi) or if it is stolen. One of the precious files you may want to rescue first is your photos. Most of the time, people want to transfer pictures rather than transfer contacts, since they hold memories very dear.
Thankfully, with the help of cloud storage, retrieving photos from an IOS device is easy (next time, you could consider printing your photos out on an iPhone printer). You don’t have to stress yourself because you can still restore those precious moments even if someone who picks up your phone erased all those photos.
How to transfer photos from an old iPhone to a new iPhone?
There are simple steps that you can do to transfer your photos to your new phone. Make sure that both iPhones are running iOS 8.3 or later. Both should also be connected to WiFi and be signed in with the same Apple ID. Once you meet these criteria, you can already start with the following method.
- Open settings on the old iPhone.
- Then, select your name located at the top of the screen.
- Choose iCloud.
- Select “Photos.”
- Toggle on the iCloud Photo Library. Wait until all the photos are uploaded to the iCloud.
- Once complete, open the new iPhone settings in which you want the photos to transfer.
- Select your name located at the top.
- Select iCloud.
- Make sure to log in using the same Apple ID you are also using on the old iPhone.
- Tap the “Photos.”
- Toggle on the iCloud Photo Library.
- Select “Download and Keep Originals.”
And there you have it. That's how you import photos from your old phone to the target iPhone.
AirDrop App method to to transfer photos to another iPhone
If you only want to transfer the photos to your friend’s iPhone, there is the AirDrop app method to retrieve photos from an old iPhone:
- Turn on the AirDrop app on both phones.
- Open the gallery where the photos are stored and select those you want to share.
- Tap the “Share” icon and select your friend’s contact bubble.
- Your friend must then tap the “Accept” button to add the photos on his/her iPhone.
Is there an iPhone recovery app?
Yes, there is a wide array of iPhone recovery apps that will come to the rescue when you need to retrieve your data or photos when your iPhone was lost.
These apps are useful if your iPhone was stolen, but it also helps if the phone was cracked, damaged by water, upgraded to a newer version, accidentally reset, etc. Some recovery apps are free, while others with the best performance offer a trial version before buying them.
Another factor that you should also consider when choosing an iPhone recovery app is the file type it can retrieve. Besides photos, you may also need to get back your videos, notes, contacts, and important messages. Ensure it is also easy to use, so you have a hassle-free experience when trying to restore your data.
Each iPhone recovery app also varies depending on the version of the device it can support. So, make sure that they are compatible with your device before you purchase them. Some examples of iPhone recovery apps are iPhone Recovery, EaseUS MobiSaver, MiniTool, dr.fone, etc.
Since many apps are offered in the market nowadays, you should also make sure that it is safe to use and reliable. A quick review check on the Apple Store will provide a good indication of whether these apps are good, and can help answer how to retrieve photos from an old iPhone.