- 1 How do you retrieve photos from iCloud?
- 2 How do I get my old photos from iCloud to my iPhone?
- 3 The erase files method to retrieve photos from old iPhone
- 4 Can you retrieve photos from a lost iPhone?
- 5 How to transfer photos from an old iPhone to a new iPhone?
- 6 AirDrop App method to to transfer photos to another iPhone
- 7 Is there an iPhone recovery app?
Most people are using an iPhone nowadays because the device can produce high-resolution images with special features and effects. We are used to storing our precious photos to this phone since it is the most convenient way to do. Furthermore, they can be easily accessed anytime we want to look at them. It can contain not just the memories we build and cherish but our top secrets too. So let’s solve the puzzling question of how to retrieve photos from an old iPhone.
If your iPhone is listed below then we can help recover your lost photos!
iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Certain unfortunate circumstances can sometimes happen and that includes losing the phone or upgrading into a newer version of iPhone without backing up to iCloud. If this case happens, are there still effective resolutions to retrieve those photos from an old iPhone? Thankfully, there are easy-to-follow steps to recover your pictures when your device was lost or stolen.
How do you retrieve photos from iCloud?
If you think your iPhone was synced to iCloud before it was lost, then, follow these steps to retrieve your photos.
- Login to www.icloud.com.
- Navigate through the left hand side and you will see on it the “Recover from iCloud Backup File” menu.
- Select it and you will be prompted to enter your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- After you have signed in, you’ll see a list of iCloud backups for your lost iPhone. Select the one that you want to download, and click the “Download” button.
- A window will automatically appear with the list of file types. Since you need to recover your photos, make sure to check the options “Photo Library,” “Camera Roll,” and “App Photos.”
- Click the “Next” button.
- Once the download is finished, you will see the list of files included in the previous options you select. Each of them is categorized so it will be easy for you to find the photos that you want to bring back.
- Select the photos that you want to retrieve by ticking the check-boxes beside them.
- Once you selected all of them, click the “Recover” button.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to specify the folder or destination path where you want to store the photos. Then, click the “Recover” button and wait until the process is complete.
How do I get my old photos from iCloud to my iPhone?
When switching or upgrading to another version of iPhone, follow these steps so you can get your old photos and transfer them to your new phone.
- Go to settings of your iPhone.
- Tap your name and select iCloud from the menu.
- Select photos and toggle the button to turn the iCloud Library on.
- As you setup your new iPhone and follow the on-screen steps, select “Restore from iCloud Backup” when you reach the App and Data screen.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.
- After you successfully sign-in, select the latest iCloud backup. It will enable you to download the photos to your iPhone.
The erase files method to retrieve photos from old iPhone
Another option is to restore the photos from iCloud backup to iPhone by erasing the files on the new iPhone. These methods are best done when you have already setup your new iPhone from the time you purchase it. Erasing the files will enable you to go back to the first steps when you setup your iPhone.
1. Go to settings of your new iPhone.
2. Select General from the options provided.
3. Choose “Reset.”
4. Tap “Erase All Contents and Settings.”
5. Your iPhone will automatically restart. It will prompt you to follow the steps to set up the iPhone.
6. Select “Restore from iCloud Backup.” Wait until all the photos are downloaded from the iCloud backup to your iPhone.
Can you retrieve photos from a lost iPhone?
Many users have experienced losing their iPhone either by accident (such as leaving it in the back of a taxi) or by having it stolen. One of the precious files you may want to rescue first are your photos. Most of the time, people are more concerned on the pictures rather than the contacts.
Thankfully, with the help of iCloud, retrieving photos from a lost iPhone is easy (maybe next time you should consider printing your photos out on an iPhone printer). You don’t have to stress yourself because you can still restore those precious moments even if someone who pick up your phone erased all those photos.
How to transfer photos from an old iPhone to a new iPhone?
There are simple steps that you can do to transfer your photos to your new phone. Make sure that both iPhones are running iOS 8.3 or later. Both should also be connected to WiFi and signed in with the same Apple ID. Once you meet this criteria you can already start with the following method.
1. Open settings on the old iPhone.
2. Then, select your name located at the top of the screen.
3. Choose iCloud.
4. Select “Photos.”
5. Toggle on the iCloud Photo Library. Wait until all the photos are uploaded to the iCloud.
6. Once complete, open the settings on the new iPhone in which you want the photos to be transferred.
7. Select your name located at the top.
8. Select iCloud.
9. Make sure to login using the same Apple ID you are also using on the old iPhone.
10. Tap the “Photos.”
11. Toggle on the iCloud Photo Library.
12. Select “Download and Keep Originals.”
AirDrop App method to to transfer photos to another iPhone
If you only want to transfer the photos to your friend’s iPhone, there is the AirDrop app method to retrieve photos from an old iPhone:
1. Turn on the AirDrop app of both phones.
2. Open the gallery where the photos are stored and select those you want to share.
3. Tap the “Share” icon and select your friend’s contact bubble.
4. Your friend must then tap the “Accept” button so the photos will be added on his/her iPhone.
Is there an iPhone recovery app?
Yes, there are a wide array of iPhone recovery app that will come to the rescue when you need to retrieve your data or photos when your iPhone was lost.
They can be useful not just during the times when your iPhone was stolen, but they also play a significant role when the phone was cracked, damaged by water, upgraded to a newer version, accidental reset and many situations. Some are free, while others with best performance offers a trial version before you buy them.
Another factor that you should also consider when choosing an iPhone recovery app is the file type it can retrieve. Aside from photos, you may also need to get back your videos, notes, contacts and important messages. Make sure that it is also easy to use so you have a hassle-free experience when trying to restore your data.
Each iPhone recovery app also varies depending on the version of the device it can support. So, make sure that they are compatible with your device before you purchase them. Some examples of iPhone recovery apps are iPhone Recovery, EaseUS MobiSaver, MiniTool, dr. fone and many more.
Since many apps are being offered in the market nowadays, you should also make sure that it is safe to use and reliable - a quick review check on the Apple Store will live you a good indication on whether these apps are good to use and can help with answering the how to retrieve photos from an old iPhone conundrum.